Covid 19 updates
This page is intended to inform guests and potential guests of:
a) Travel recommendations. Please note that this information changes almost daily though, so please do your own research as well.
b) Our Covid cleaning and sanitizing protocol
a) Travel recommendations
OUT OF STATE TRAVELER REQUIREMENTS
Starting NOVEMBER 20, 2020
We encourage you to review local travel recommendations and restrictions, in addition to following guidance from the World Health Organization.
CDC recommends you stay home as much as possible, especially if your trip is not essential, and practice social distancing especially if you are at higher risk of severe illness. Don’t travel if you are sick or travel with someone who is sick.
Protect yourself and others during your trip:
- Clean your hands often.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Keep 6 feet of physical distance from others.
- Avoiding close contact is especially important if you are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Pick up food at drive-throughs, curbside restaurant service, or stores. Do not dine in restaurants if that is prohibited by state or local guidance.
We do ask our guests to inform us of any travel out of the country or if showing symptoms within 2 weeks of your stay.
b) Yough Vacation Rentals Covid cleaning and sanitizing protocol
We are following the guidelines from local authorities, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Here is a brief summary of some of the things we are doing to provide the safest home we can.
- Cleaning equipment is cleaned and disinfected before and after use to minimize the risk of contamination
- Our staff is using personal protective equipment (PPE) (disposable single-use gloves and masks)
- Our staff has been instructed not to work if they are running a fever, or showing any signs of illness
- Our staff has implemented enhanced hand hygiene (washing both hands and forearms for at least twenty seconds) before and after removing gloves
- We are preventing cross contamination by using specific equipment by area (room, bathroom, kitchen)
- We clean the lowest risk areas (bedroom, living room) to highest risk areas (kitchen, bathroom)
- We keep a cleaning checklist to help ensure completion and keep records.
- We ventilate the property during and after the process as much as possible
- We clean with water and suitable detergent (WHO/CDC). Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants are effective for disinfection. The EPA-approved for use against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is available here.
- We use a detergent or soap and water, and leave to act for enough time, usually 3 to 5 minutes (WHO/CDC)
- We rinse, dry, and wipe to remove all products
- We clean and disinfect all cleaning equipment
- We follow manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products utilized (concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
We prioritize high-touch surfaces such as
- Door handles
- Controls and switches (e.g. light switches, cooking controls, television controls, fan pull chains)
- Bathroom taps, toilet flush handles, toilet seats
- Utensils, cutlery and crockery
- Furniture such as chairs, tables, and parts of the bed frames
- Children facilities such as bunk beds, toys, or play equipment as best we can. Please use at your own risk.
- Waste disposal containers
- Cleaning equipment
- Guest information, brochures, menus as best we can. Please use at your own risk.
- We minimize handling of used linen to minimize risk of contamination, particularly shaking it
- We wash linen at highest temperature, add bleach and dry completely before storing
- Cleaning, disinfecting of all over bedding (blankets/pillow shams).
- Guests are welcome to bring their own blankets, linens and towels if they wish. Please inform me if you would like us to remove ours.
Please reach out to me directly for any questions or concerns.